Home

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Eco-friendly Paper Dress Form/ Mannequin

I always opt to do things the way I want it to be. I want to do it my style. I love to see other tutu makers displaying their tutus on a dress form/ mannequin. It's way too expensive to buy one myself though. Here in Norway, it will cost me over a thousand kroner a piece (approx. USD250). Fortunately, I came across this site. Check that out for detailed info.
Here's a glimpse of my version:

Materials used:
  •  paper tape
  •  fabric scraps for filling (mostly tulle)
  • paper pieces from junk mails as "papier-mâché"
  •  flour+water as paste (glue)
It cost me barely nothing as I got all the materials I needed from my stash and our kitchen. I imagine making a lot of tutus using this form.

No comments:

Post a Comment